Precepts of the Church
The Precepts of
the Catholic Church are a description of the absolute minimum
actions required of Catholics regarding the Church. Of course, everyone
should strive to do the Maximum actions of which they are capable.
1. To attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of
Obligation, and resting from servile works.
2. To observe the days of abstinence and fasting.
3. To confess our sins to a priest, at least once a year.
4. To receive Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist at least once a year
during Easter Season.
5. To contribute to the support of the Church.
6. To obey the laws of the Church concerning Matrimony.
7. To participate in the Church's mission of Evangelization of Souls.